Best 12 Volt Air Compressors 2021
Air compressors tend to be the most useful tools for those who are dealing with pneumatic control machines either on a DIY basis or on an industrial basis. The common uses of an air compressor range from inflating a tire to utilizing a nail gun. However,
buying an air compressor is such a difficult and perplexing task that a non-professional may not be able to grab a suitable purchase.
Now, who is more likely to invest in a 12 Volt air compressor? Basically, a 12-volt air compressor is ideal for inflating a vehicle tire, but it can also be utilized with heavy-duty pneumatic machines. These 12-volt air compressors are lighter in weight and very convenient in portability, so you can easily carry it from one place to another.
The market is so saturated with a number of manufacturers of 12-volt air compressors that you will not be able to decide about the suitable one.
Don’t get panic! We have made this selection of 12-volt air compressor easy by reviewing the best and highly rated products along with an explicit buying guide to alleviate your effort and minimize your energy.
- 1 Review of 6 Best 12 Volt Air Compressors 2021
- 1.1 1.EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor Pump | Editor’s Choice | Best 12 Volt Air Compressors
- 1.2 2. VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor | Amazon’s Choice | Best Budget Air Compressors
- 1.3 3. LKNJLL Air Compressor Pump | Best Digital Tire Inflator Air compressor 2021
- 1.4 4. FORTEM 12 Volt Portable Air Compressor | No. 1 Best Seller Digital Tire Inflator | Best Digital Air Compressors
- 1.5 5. Master Flow MF 1040 12Volts Air Compressor | Best Gas-Powered 12 Volts | Best Portable Air Compressor
- 2 How to Select the Best 12Volts Air Compressors- Buying Guide 2021
- 3 FAQs
- 4 My Verdict
Review of 6 Best 12 Volt Air Compressors 2021
1.EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor Pump | Editor’s Choice | Best 12 Volt Air Compressors
- Convenience: Plug directly into Cigarette Lighter Socket of your Vehicle. 12VDC, 10 to 15 amps, 120 to 180W. Equipped with 12V-DC Cigarette Lighter Socket Plug, NOT 110V AC plug.
- Multiple Uses: Inflate tires on cars, bikes, sedan and midsize SUV. (Engine size under 3.5 liter) Universal valve connector for schrader valve is ready to use. Additional adapters include needles value (for basketball, balls), short cone/long cone adapters (for inflatable kayak, swimming pool accessories, etc)
- Capacity: Does NOT Support truck tires, for instance: light truck tires (LT), heavy duty truck tires or any truck tires.
- Easy to Read: 4 Display Units: PSI, KPA, BAR, KG/CM; LED FLASHLIGHT: Bright Torch
- Prevent Over Inflation: Auto shut off when reaching the desired tire pressure. Overheat protection shuts off automatically when overloading. USPTO Patent NO:D875,788
- Easy to read with 4 display unit
- Auto Shut-Off
- Engine size under 3.5 liters
- Universal valve connector for Schrader valve
- Does not support LT, HT, and any Truck Tires
- Rating power 120W
- Inflating speed 1.0 CFM
- Max. working pressure is 70PSI
Integrated with a number of amazing features, the EPAuto 12V DC Portable air compressor is an ideal pick for those who are looking for something that prevents the over-inflation of their tool.
Considering the features of the EPAuto 12V air compressor, it is equipped with a 12V-DC Cigarette Lighter Socket Plug and not a 110V AC plug. With an engine size of 3.5 liters capacity, this 12V air compressor has the tendency to inflate tires on cars, bikes, sedans, and midsize SUV. However, it does not has the capacity to support and inflate bulky truck tires as well as light truck tires (LT), heavy-duty truck tires or any truck tires.
Moreover, EPAuto portable air compressor is equipped with auto shut-off that will prevent over-inflation when it approaches the desired tire pressure. Overheat protection shuts off automatically when it exceeds the temperature of 167 degrees Fahrenheit. The time of inflation of a tire is no more than 2 or 3 minutes. The digital display and LED light will facilitate you to operate your pneumatic tool even when it is dark. If you need to know more about portable air compressors, review this 2021 Guide in detail.
2. VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor | Amazon’s Choice | Best Budget Air Compressors
- 12 VOLT Operated - 150PSI Max Working Pressure, engine must be running during use.
- 2.3CFM Free Flow @ 0 PSI. The air hose length is 25 feet
- 150 PSI maximum working pressure and 33% duty cycle
- Direct heavy-duty dual battery clamps with 40-amp inline fuse
- Includes deluxe carry bag anti-vibration tray and more
- Operate at 12Volts
- 150PSI Max. working pressure
- 2.3 CFM
- 33% duty cycle
- Max. ambient temperature – 158°F
- Min. ambient temperature – -40°F
The VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor offers inflation of up to 35-inch tires at a rapid rate, and operation at up to 150 PSI for up to 15 continuous minutes at a time, providing that there are 30 minutes provided afterward for the unit to cool sufficiently. The unit is powered by an easy to establish temporary connection to a 12-volt battery power source via included alligator clamps. The 400P comes with an open-ended tire inflation hose with an included 100 PSI air pressure gauge that offers the following functions: air up, air up intermittently, air down, air down intermittently, and check tire pressure.
This air compressor is very light in weight and suitable to be carried on long distances. However, VIAIR is not suitable to operate almost all pneumatic tools, so you need not consider heavy-duty tires and tools.
Additional parts provided include an inline fuse holder, an 8′ power cable, a heavy-duty sand tray with vibration isolators, and a deluxe carry bag.
3. LKNJLL Air Compressor Pump | Best Digital Tire Inflator Air compressor 2021
- Pure copper permanent magnet motor, double-layer 8-turn thick copper wire surround technology, generally double-cylinder is single-layer 6-turn.
- Under standard pressure, 0-2.5BAR only takes about 30S, and the atmospheric volume / peak value at 300L / MIN can reach 14-16 pressures.
- Intelligent protection electric board, 150A current overload protection, automatic shutdown when overload. Automatic temperature control system, when the temperature is higher than 105 degrees, the machine will automatically power off.
- Powerful inner core, pure copper motor, 30S fast charge, metal cylinder, intelligent protective electric board, 13m operating distance, aluminum heat dissipation, no fear of desert, metal tire pressure gauge, copper core power cord clamp, double-layer thick rubber Tube, suitable for large vehicles.
- Thank you for your trust and support! wish you a happy life.
- Pure copper permanent magnet motor
- 150A current load over protection
- The automatic temperature control system
- Aluminum heat dissipation
- 150 PSI
- Inflation flow is 300L
- Working time less than 20 minutes
- Airflow pressure is 70L/min or more
This efficient 12 Volt air compressor is highly demanded amongst the folks due to its miraculous features. LKNJLL air compressor features a very sturdy design with a pure copper magnetic motor that integrates an 8-turn thick copper wire instead of conventional 6-turn copper wire. Furthermore, this air compressor is equipped with an automatic shut down technology when it is overloaded. This feature is essential as it prevents your pneumatic tool as well as air compressor from quick wear and tear.
With an automatic temperature control system, when the temperature is higher than 105 degrees, the machine will automatically power off. Nevertheless, with an intelligent protection electric board, 150A current overload protection, and aluminum heat dissipation features, this 12V air compressor is suitable for the inflation of heavy-duty tires as well. Under standard pressure, 0-2.5BAR only takes about 30S, and the atmospheric volume/peak value at 300L / MIN can reach 14-16 pressures.
Brands matters when we need to buy the best quality product. Review Dewalt’s Air compressors Guide 2021.
4. FORTEM 12 Volt Portable Air Compressor | No. 1 Best Seller Digital Tire Inflator | Best Digital Air Compressors
- EASY TO OPERATE – Simple as plugging into your car outlet, attach hose to the tire, set the PSI desired and flip the switch.
- MULTIPLE USES – Included attachments for Sports balls, Air mattress, balloons & other inflatables.
- BUILT WITH YOUR SAFETY IN MIND – Built in LED flashlight helps you be ready for nightime emergencies.
- PREMIUM CONSTRUCTION – Made from extremely durable, lightweight plastic. The sturdy hose resists high pressures, while allowing for maximum air flow.
- ONE YEAR WARRANTY - Have peace of mind knowing all Fortem products are covered for a full year!
- Premium construction and design
- Multipurpose usage
- LED Flashlight
- Auto shut-off feature
- Digital Display Guage
- Compatible with all vehicles
- Power 120W
- Maximum Pressure value 150PSI
- Continuous Max. working time is 8 minutes
Fortem 12V air compressor and digital tire inflator are one of the lightest and easily carrying pneumatic tools operator that is ideally suitable for all types of vehicles with a DC 12Volt power output. This 12-volt air compressor is highly demanded due to easy to operate spec. All you need is plugging into your car outlet, attach a hose to the tire, set the PSI desired, and flip the switch.
Considering the design and manufacturing, FORTEM integrates a premium construction technology that features extremely lightweight and durable plastic. The sturdy hose resists high pressures while allowing for maximum airflow. Featuring a digital display screen, you can easily monitor the amount of air within the tire to start with. The LED flashlight will assist you to operate this air compressor even at nighttime emergencies. Review Built-in air compressors for rural areas.
5. Master Flow MF 1040 12Volts Air Compressor | Best Gas-Powered 12 Volts | Best Portable Air Compressor
- CONVENIENCE: The Master Flow MF-1040 is a 12v air compressor that charges directly from your 12-volt cigarette lighter outlet using the 10 foot power cord. Carry bag included
- MULTIPLE USES: The Master Flow MF-1040 portable air compressor is not only essential for topping off your car's tires, but is also great for filling up the tires of bicycles, soccer balls, or small inflatable water tubes for your beach activities. Two adapter nozzles, a ball inflation needle, an extra fuse.
- EASY TO USE: Plug into your cigarette lighter, attach to tire with 16ft air hose, flip switch and inflate a tire in less than 3 minutes
- GREAT GIFT IDEA: A gift of safety for anyone that has a vehicle. Whether it’s a teen with their first car, a college student or an adult. Everyone wants convenience and safety when they’re on the road.
- 10 feet power cord
- 16 feet air hose
- Inflates a tire in less than 3 minutes
- 7.8 gallons capacity
- 140 PSI
The Master Flow MF-1040 is a compact portable air compressor that’s powered by your vehicle’s 12-Volt socket using the 10 feet power cord. It’s ideal for roadside tire inflation, inflating boating and sports equipment, water tubes for your beach activity, and other light-duty activities. This air compressor is rated to inflate up to 150 PSI and delivers 30 liters of air per minute. It features an integrated air pressure gauge, a coil hose with a screw-on inflating nozzle, and a convenient rubber handle for easy transport. The included cigarette lighter power cord can also be modified for permanent installation.
With rapid functionality, it can inflate a tire in less than 3 minutes. This air compressor is very easy to use, just plug into your cigarette lighter, attach to the tire with a 16ft air hose, flip the switch, and inflate a tire in no time.
How to Select the Best 12Volts Air Compressors- Buying Guide 2021
It tends to be exceptionally puzzling when you’re contrasting what air compressor you should buy. This is on the grounds that they have an entire heap of features and specs and one air compressor may have one marvelous element, while another has an alternate wonderful element. In any case, there are some sure things that you may have to pay special mind to before you do buy an air compressor.
Different Types of Sockets
Air compressors come with different power sockets i.e, standard power socket and cigarette lighter socket, so it depends upon your intention of using an air compressor. If you want to inflate your car tire just in case, then you should go for opting a cigarette lighter socket. Another type of socket air compressor is the one with a rechargeable battery, and this is particularly useful at times when there is no power supply socket around.
The PSI is critical to check before you purchase an air compressor. Besides, it’s critical to perceive what PSI is of the device that you’re intending to use with it. This is since, in such a case that your device requires a high PSI and the air compressor has a lower PSI, at that point, this will influence the device functions since it won’t give enough power to let the pneumatic tool arrive at its full functionality. Accordingly, it’s consistently critical to check this before you purchase an air compressor.
Voltage is the amount of pressure delivered from the electrical circuit to your pneumatic tool. You may ask why some air compressors appear with large values of voltage. This is because they are intended for heavy-duty tools operation. Whereas, a 12-volt air compressor is highly portable and can be used with many other jobs such as inflation of vehicle tires and tubes for beach purposes. Higher voltage means more energy for the heavy-duty tools to do their job efficiently.
A few 12 volts air compressors come with this feature of shut-off but this is particularly important if you are not a pro in using air compressors. Auto shut-off will tell you how much air is required in the tool you are inflating and will automatically stop inflation when the desired limit is reached. This means that your vehicle tire will not over inflate and burst if your 12-volt air compressor has auto shut off-spec.
How to use a 12-volt air compressor?
A 12-volt air compressor is way easy to use as compared to large voltage air compressors. All you have to do is to plug it into the right socket and then make adjustments according to the settings of the air compressor. Make the 12-volt air compressor at suitable pressure and it is now ready to use.
How to repair a 12 Volt air compressor?
If you encounter a minor defect in your air compressor, then it can be fixed. However, a major fault that may not worth fixing should lead to the replacement of the air compressor.
One minor issue you will address by fixing the air pressure with an upper screw. The second issue may arise in power restoration which can be resolved by resetting the air compressor settings. A button at the rear end of the compressor is designed for this purpose.
Winding it up, there is a wide range of 12-volt air compressors that you can browse on the web, however it may turn out to be very confusing that a ton of them have various highlights and features that are suitable for your intentions of use while others may not suit you despite having loads of highlights and features. It truly relies upon what you need to utilize an air compressor for, and whenever you have chosen this, at that point you will know which one will suit you more.
One thing to fully consider is that a 12-volt air compressor is not designed for operating heavy-duty pneumatic tools, may also depend upon the specific PSI of your tool. So before purchasing a 12-volt air compressor, you should know precisely what it is you need to utilize it for. Review out 2021 review on Random Orbital Sanders.