If you are looking for an 80-gallon air compressor, chances are that you need it for a heavy pneumatic tool so that you do not have the fear of running out of compressed air in the middle of the task. Because the bigger the air tank, the more power it will deliver to your pneumatic tool, and more smoothly you will perform your heavy-duty job.
However, investing hard-earned money on such a large air tank of 80 gallons can be worrisome if you do not know much about it. The worst of it that such huge sized tanks from fake manufacturers may not live life up to their price tags. It is very tough and nerve-racking to decide which one will meet your requirements.
We have compiled the best 80-gallon air compressors after detailed research and practical analysis. These air compressors are sorted out on the basis of CFM, PSI, HorsePower, and design. So here you go!
Purpose of application of 80 gall air compressor
The foremost and the most important point while buying an air compressor is to sort out the purpose for which you want to use the air compressor. Knowing about the intention of usage can save both your time and money.
Yet, if you intend to use an air compressor for industrial and commercial use, then you need a powerful air compressor of 80 gallons that fits your needs and demands. Mostly these air compressors can power multiple tools simultaneously at a time thus minimizing your efforts and time in gaining the output.
So understanding the intended use of any air compressor will help you in buying a reliable air compressor that perfectly matches your requirements.
80 gallons of air compressors are portable as well as stationary and ideal for DIY, contractors, and industrial mechanics.
|Model||CFM||HP||MAZ PSI||Best For|
|Powermate Vx 80-Gallon||14 @90 PSI||4.7||155||Best Electric 80-Gallon|
|Industrial Air IV5048055||22.1@100PSI||7.5||175||Best Vertical 2-stage|
|Emax 10 HP, 1 PH||38@100PSI||10||175||Best Electric 80-Gallon|
|Quincy QT-7.5||22.6@175PSI||7.5||175||Best Vertical Reciprocating 80-Gallon|
|Hulk Silent Series||18@100PSI||5||175||Best Quietest 80-Gallon|
|Ingersoll-Rand 2475N7.5||24.3@90PSI||7.5||175||Best two-stage 80-Gallon|
|Campbell Hausfeld||14.0@90PSI||5||175||Best Multiple-Operating Tools 80-Gallon|
|Industrial Air ILA4708065||14.0CFM@PSI||4.7||155||Best Gas-Powered 80-Gallon|
- 1 8 Best 80 Gallon Air Compressor February, 2023
- 1.1 1. Powermate Vx PLA4708065 80-Gallon single stage Air Compressor | Best Electric Air Compressor 80 Gallon under $200
- 1.2 2. Industrial Air IV5048055 80 gallon 2 stage Air Compressor | Best two-stage 80-gallon air compressor 2022 Review
- 1.3 3. Emax 10 HP, 1 PH, two-Stage 80-Gallon Quiet industrial Air Compressor | Best Electric 80-gallon air compressor under budget
- 1.4 4. Ingersoll-Rand 2475N7.5-P, 7.5hp 80 gals Two-Stage Compressor | Best 7.5hp 80 Gallon Two-Stage Air Compressor
- 1.5 5. HI05V080Y1S 5 HP Industrial 80 Gallon, HULK Silent Series | Best Quietest 5hp 80 gal air compressor
- 1.6 6. Quincy QT-7.5 Splash | Best 80 Gallon Vertical Reciprocating Industrial Air Compressor
- 1.7 7. Campbell Hausfeld 80 Gallon Air Compressor | Best Vertical Two-Stage
- 1.8 8. Industrial Air ILA4708065 80-Gallon | Best Single Stage 80 gall air compressor
- 1.9 Major Benefits of 80 Gallon Air Compressor 2023
- 2 Buyers Guide 2023
- 3 Final Verdict
Comparison Table | 2023
8 Best 80 Gallon Air Compressor February, 2023
80-gallon air compressors are used on commercial scales and the list below will help us perfectly in buying the best ones. But if you need less than this capacity, you can review this guide too.
1. Powermate Vx PLA4708065 80-Gallon single stage Air Compressor | Best Electric Air Compressor 80 Gallon under $200
- Features a Powerful 240-Volt, 15-Amp Motor that Delivers 4.7-HP
- Offers a 155-PSI Maximum Pressure
- Provides 14-CFM at 90-PSI for Longer Air Tool Run Times on Ratchets, Impacts, Spray Guns and Hammers
- Features a 80-Gallon Capacity Tank Durably Built from Steel
- Includes a Oil-Lubricated Pump with a 1-Piece Cast-Iron Crankcase and a Full Cast-Iron Cylinder Body
- Electrically Corded
- Durable steel tank
- No battery required
- Provides 14-CFM at 90-PSI easily
- Oil-lubricated pump
- 3-Cylinder design
- Oil-level sight glass and easily accessible oil fill
- 12-Inch cast-iron balanced flywheel
- Large intake filter with silencers
The Powermate air compressor is one of the most sold units in the market. This unit has 15 amp,4.7 hp powerful motor which has a maximum pressure of 155 psi, enough power to run all types of air devices, and also handles multiple tools at once.
This unit is electrical and powered by 240v. It provides 14-CFM at 90-psi for longer air tool run times on ratchets, spray guns, and hammers.
Its best characteristic comprises of three-cylinder oil-lubricated cast iron pump with a one-piece cast iron crankcase. This pump features aluminum head and valve plates which ensures overall cool performance and good thermal overload protection.
The 80-gallon tank is very forcefully built to hold a large amount of air and do not run out in between the work process. The wired formed belt guard on the top of the tank ensures more cool running and the metal belt guard protects the major components. The pressure gauge and on/off switch add more satisfaction and ease to operate. This unit has a 354lb weight and offers a 2-year limited warranty and is also shipped with synthetic oil.
2. Industrial Air IV5048055 80 gallon 2 stage Air Compressor | Best two-stage 80-gallon air compressor 2022 Review
- Offers Either 17.9-CFM at 100 -PSI or 17.0-CFM at 175-PSI
- Features a Heavy-Duty, Industrial Design that Protects the Motor from Voltage Fluctuations
- Offers an Expertly Designed Heavy-Duty, 5.2-Horsepower Motor that Operates on 230-Volts
- Includes Rugged Cast Iron Materials Utilized to Manufacture Both the 80-Gallon Tank and the Two Stage Compressor Pump
- Includes a Pre-Wired and Mounted Magnetic Starter
- Electrically Corroded
- Protects the Motor from Voltage Fluctuations
- Designed for heavy-duty
- Pre-Wired and Mounted Magnetic Starter
- Integrated control panel
- Efficient and Reliable
- Mounted magnetic starter
This vertically designed best 80 gallons 2 stage air compressor is among the most efficient and reliable units around.
This industrial air compressor unit has a powerful 5.0 hp motor, powered by 230v. It can produce17.9 scfm at 100 PSI and 17.0 scfm at 175 psi. It has a maximum of 175 pressure which is supreme
Pressure for handling all types of air tools and also run multiple devices altogether.
This unit also features thermal protection and fully protects the motor from electric fluctuation and switch off automatically during such a scenario.
It has a patented pump and piston engineered with deep groove guiding and uniform cooling fins and also a cast iron flywheel designed with large fins to ensure a cool and smooth-running machine. The combined control panel with tank and working pressure gauges, airflow regulator, two quick connect outlets, and pressure relief valve makes it easy to operate and give the best control.
The 80-gallon tank is very strongly built and ASME certified, the wired belt gives complete protection to its important parts. This product has a two-year limited warranty. It weighs 610lb at the time of shipping.
3. Emax 10 HP, 1 PH, two-Stage 80-Gallon Quiet industrial Air Compressor | Best Electric 80-gallon air compressor under budget
- 10 HP Vertical Air Compressor dissipates intake noise, channels intake air, and offers a 25% reduced operating noise level
- Voltage: 208-230 Volt AC
- Flow-Tek concentric disc valves deliver maximum performance and longevity
- 1,750 RPM motor which runs quieter and cooler, and lasts longer
- Comes with a reliable, five-year warranty
- Corded Electrically
- Channels intake air
- Quieter and cooler, and lasts longer
- With built-on Whisper 100
- Offers super-quiet low RPM
- 35% lower operating temperature
- Low RPM for long life and quiet operation
This Quietest 80 gallon air compressor has all the demanding features you want to have in your compressor.
This product has a 10 hp motor extremely powerful to satisfy all needs of professional users. The most magnificent feature of this compressor is the silent system. The Whisper 100 dissipates compressor intakes noise by channeling the intake air through a series of baffle plates and pre-filter media within the silencer cabinet. As a result of this process, the piston intake noise is trapped and dissolved within the silencer structure. Thus it delivers big air with little noise.
This unit has two-stage patented pressure lubricating pump, which is designed to ensure smooth oil flow to all essential parts resulting in less wear.
This special system delivers oil to the pump at very low RPMs and its well-balanced big cast iron flywheel, crankshaft, and re-buildable connecting rods ensure smooth and non-stop running. The easily accessible oil gauge allows nice monitoring of oil level and also shutdowns if having very low oil pressure.
This pump also features a re-usable oil filter for better maintenance. These pumps have a proven life of over 70,000 hours with built-in head unloaders for continuous operation. The large flywheel and double B-section belt save energy.
This unit has a built-in inner and outer cooler for the coolest running runs at a 35% lower operating temperature. It has an 80-gallon capacity air tank and an overall weight of 810lb. Review other home gadgets that make your life easy and helpful.
4. Ingersoll-Rand 2475N7.5-P, 7.5hp 80 gals Two-Stage Compressor | Best 7.5hp 80 Gallon Two-Stage Air Compressor
- Long-Life: Durable cast iron construction, long-lasting extended pump life designed for over 15,000 hours of trouble-free use
- Maximum Power and Flexibility: 100% continuous duty, 5 or 7.5 hp two-stage air compressor, 175 psig maximum operating pressure and an 80-gallon ASME receiver tank provide plenty of punch for the most demanding applications
- Easy to Service: Individually cast cylinders, overhung crankshaft and one piece connecting rod simplifies maintenance and service
- Reliable Operation: All Season Select synthetic lubricant increases efficiency; with 2,000 hours of service between changeouts, it performs four times longer than petroleum-based lubricants
- Two-Year Warranty Available: Purchase an All-Season Select lubricant start-up kit, and receive all the parts you need for start-up and the first year of maintenance, along with an extended pump warranty
- Designed for over 15,000 hours of trouble-free use
- No additional Battery required
- Used for machine shops, production and manufacturing lines, woodworking shops, dry cleaners, car washes, general maintenance/repair shops, and farms
- Ingersoll Rand electric-driven
- Designed with finned copper intercooler
- With v- twin motor
This 7.5 hp two-stage air compressor is also one of the user choices. This compressor is designed to fulfill all the demands of the commercial user. It can handle most applications including automotive service and body shops, fleet maintenance, machine shops, production and manufacturing lines, woodworking shops, dry cleaners, car washes, general maintenance/repair shops, and farms.
It has an outstanding pressure of 175 psi and it is powered by a 230v circuit. This unit is engineered with cast iron construction and a durable pump for over 15,000 hours of easy operation. The built-in overhang crankshaft with single-piece connecting rods makes its maintenance very simple.
This unit is also thermally protected by having an air cooler for better performance during tough job conditions. This compressor has an automatic tank drain feature no need for searching the drain valve anymore. The low oil level switch-off feature improves more reliability.
It can operate four times more than petroleum-based lubricants because of selected synthetic lubricants, with 2,000 hours of service between change-outs. The 80-gallon tank is ASME certified. This unit is only 575 lb with a balanced body.
This product offers two years warranty, you can purchase all season start-up kit and receive all the parts you need for start-up, and the first year of maintenance. you can also get extended the pump warranty. Review our guide on other tank sizes for air compressors in detail.
5. HI05V080Y1S 5 HP Industrial 80 Gallon, HULK Silent Series | Best Quietest 5hp 80 gal air compressor
- Top-quality stationary electric air compressor
- Super Quiet Air System — Built to last!
- 680 Pump RPM
- 18 CFM — Rated at 100 PSI
- Comes with a reliable, four-year limited warranty
- Quiet natured
- Single Phase
- Prewired condor starter
- No batteries required
- 18 Cubic Feet Per Minute airflow
This air compressor is heavy-duty with a low price unit in the market. This 5 hp unit can run more than one air tool at a time. This compressor has a maximum of 155 psi pressure which can easily run all types of air devices. It has 680 rpm of pump rating and 1750 rpm for the motor. It is powered by 230 voltage.
It also features whisper 100 silencers for the quietest operation although it is heavily structured. This unit is thermally protected and performs very cool during all sorts of job conditions.
It’s more characteristics are a solid cast iron crankcase, a prewired condor starter, and a pressure switch built into one. The oil drain valve and tank valve makes it more durable.
This unit is very easy to use and the pressure gauge on the top of the tank gives a nice view of pressure. The major parts are well protected ensuring long last running.
This single-stage compressor has an 80-gallon air capacity tank. The overall weight of this product is 558 lb and the footing has nice vibration pads installed to avoid damaging any surface.
This unit has a four-year limited warranty. So this compressor is a silent, less expensive, and heavy-duty unit.
6. Quincy QT-7.5 Splash | Best 80 Gallon Vertical Reciprocating Industrial Air Compressor
- Pro Package
- More air and consumes less energy.
- Most CFM per brake horsepower
- Splash lubrication system to distribute oil
- ASME coded tank & pressure relief valve
- Pressure gauge in the receiver
Quincy QT-7.5 is specifically designed for enhanced power generation and productivity. Quincy 80 gallons is the best air compressor for light industrial and commercial usage. It features a heavy-duty 2- stage cast iron construction that makes it ideal for tough working conditions. The aluminum head dissipates heat to ensure that the compressor is running as cool as possible while the Quincy valve design provides the highest volumetric efficiency possible.
Looking for a less energy-consuming 80-gallon air compressor, Quincy is the leading air compressor that is known for providing more compressed air at the expense of minimum energy.
Considering the CFM, it has the most CFM per brake HorsePower with the PSI Max ranging from 145-175. The lubricating oil is very well distributed by the splash lubrication system and integrates inter cooling mechanism that dissipates heat while you are running your tools.
Review Guide 2022 on 60 gall Air Machines.
7. Campbell Hausfeld 80 Gallon Air Compressor | Best Vertical Two-Stage
- Operates over 20 high-demand air tools for automotive spray painting, automotive sanding work, cutting sheet metal, grinding, making it ideal for a small shop, automotive enthusiast or serious DIY user
- Fully enclosed metal belt guard for safe operation and two-stage pump for up to 12,000 hours of extended life. Finish your projects faster and easier with Campbell Hausfeld - The Air Power Expert
- Commercial Duty Cast Iron, Oil-Lubricated, Two Stage Pump, 80 Gallon Tank, 14.0 CFM @ 90 PSI, 175 Max PSI, 230 Volt, 22 Amp, 1PH, 60 Hz Electrical
- Reliable Power
- Ideal for a small shop, automotive enthusiast, or serious DIY user
- Electric Corroded
- 14 Cubic Feet Per Minute airflow
- Best with its price
If you are looking for the best two-stage 80-gallon air compressor, Campbell is the one for your need. As the name shows, it compresses the air and then transfers it to the second chamber for further compression. In this way, you get the maximum output at the expense of the least energy.
Campbell can be ranked as the best 80-gallon air compressor for automotive tools as it can operate over 20 ultra-demanding air tools for automotive spray painting, automotive sanding work, cutting sheet metal, grinding, making it ideal for a small shop, automotive enthusiast, or a DIY user.
Powered by a 5HP corded electric motor, this automotive 80-gallon air compressor features 14.0 CFM with a maximum PSI of 175 that can finish your projects much fast and easier.
Considering the construction of Campbell Hausfeld 80-gallon air compressor, it has a vertical design that is fully enclosed in a metal belt guard for safe operation. The design is very sturdy and durable. It accomplishes about 12000 hours of extended life with a strong back-up of 3 years limited warranty. The durable 80-gallon ASME-code tank is a vertical design to save space in the shop or garage.
8. Industrial Air ILA4708065 80-Gallon | Best Single Stage 80 gall air compressor
- High air flow, single stage – 14 CFM at 90 PSI
- 155 PSI max pressure for optimum tool performance
- Integrated control panel includes tank and working pressure gauges, air flow regulator, two quick connect air outlets, and pressure relief valve
- Large capacity, 80 gallon ASME air receiver provides more air for longer run times on air tools such as ratchets, impacts, spray guns, hammers, etc
- Full metal belt guard
- Powered by Gas
- Airflow regulator
- Pressure relief valve
- Full metal belt guard
- V-twin cylinder
- Oil lube pump with a one-piece cast iron crankcase
- Thermally Stable
- Durable stainless steel reed valves
The Industrial Air ILA is designed with a single-stage air compressor with all other features that are highly required in an automotive or small pneumatic shop.
Considering the construction and design, this 80-gallon air compressor has a cast iron body that makes it durable and sturdy. The structure is designed with durable stainless steel reed valves that offer a high flow of air without breaking the seat in hundreds of air cycles. There are an aluminum head and a full metal built for protection.
Industrial air compressor allows high airflow at a rate of 14 CFM at 90 PSI. Moreover, the 155PSI max will allow you to operate multiple pneumatic tools at the same time, you will never run short of compressed air in the middle of your project. With the Thermal-overload protection, your air compressor will not heat up and will operate safely. The 80 gallon ASME air receiver provides more air for longer run times on air tools such as ratchets, impacts, spray guns, hammers, etc.
Major Benefits of 80 Gallon Air Compressor 2023
There is a bulk of air compressor in sizes ranging from as small as 3 gallons to as large as 120-gallon tank capacity. So what feature makes an 80-gallon air compressor so unique from other sizes of gallons and why you should buy one.
The answer to this confusion is that an 80-gallon air compressor comes with extraordinary features to provide your tool continuous power along with other benefits that make it worth the money you spent on it.
With an 80-gallon air compressor, you can operate all your air-powered tools and obtain the output within a fraction of time.
Other Benefits of 80 Gallon Air Compressor | 80-gallon air compressor reviews
- Maximum compressed air volume
The large-sized 80-gallon air compressor provides a significant volume and pressure. This substantial feature helps in enhancing the PSI which will in turn operate your tool efficiently. It also operates multiple heavy-duty tools all at the same time without putting you in the struggle of refilling it again and again.
Unlike other small-sized gallon air compressors, it will not bother you by running out of power in the middle of your task thus preventing inconvenience. Thus it can be the best serving air compressor without annoying you from refilling frequently while performing your operations.
- Worth your Investment
The 80-gallon air compressor is worth the investment you make on it because it will benefit you in tremendous ways. Most of these air compressors may be apparently costing you more but it has such amazing features that you won’t regret the price you paid for it. It has
- Thermal overload protection
- Automated drainage system
So it is confidently claimed that it has all the benefits you want in your air compressor to operate the pneumatic tool effectively and smoothly.
- Long-Lasting Construction
The large size built the frame of an 80-gallon air compressor makes it durable and long-lasting as compared to small-sized air compressors. This makes the compressor stationary means it is fixed to one place on the ground.
It is not portable. You cannot move it from one place to another. This is highly beneficial because the more a unit is stationary the less are the chances of wearing and tearing due to mobility from place to place.
This unit has cast iron construction that makes it more reliable, durable and can be used over an extended period of time.
If you are interested in the best Random orbital sanders review its latest guide 2022 here.
- Multipurpose and Versatility
Most of the 80-gallon air compressors can operate multiple pneumatic tools at a time, thus sparing extra time and bucks. This makes this unit an excellent choice for many heavy-duty industrial purposes.
Any pneumatic tool that demands high air pressure such as spraying, cutting, and grinding can be best accomplished by this high air volume providing unit.
- Operate at High Level Of Temperature
A high level of heat cannot affect the efficiency of an 80-gallon air compressor. So you should not worry about any heat and high temperature or any other explosion threats during its use.
Buyers Guide 2023
What to Look for in Buying 8o Gallon air compressor?
It is the amount of power delivered by the motor to the air compressor. The higher the HP, the greater will be the power of air pressure. However, extremely high horsepower is also not recommended as it may harm your unit.
For an 80-gallon air compressor, the most recommended is a maximum of 7HP.
- Noise level
While selecting an air compressor, you will be conscious of noise production as well. If you intend to use your air compressor at home, make sure that you grab that unit that has minimum noise production.
Large size air compressors are loud enough and usually not preferred to use in residential areas. Noise pollution can be annoying for both you and your neighbors. However, recent technology has brought 80-gallon air compressors into the market that are totally noise-free. So this feature is worth considering.
Well, few of the larger air compressors can sometimes break the bank, others are quite affordable. It is possible to get your desired product at a fair price.
All you need is to consider an optimum blend of all the features and qualities that you can afford within your affordable budget.
- Voltage Source
Of course the voltage of the area you are going to operate your air compressor in. Conventional voltage power is usually round 100 volts that can operate any device having less than 3HP or even less.
So make the wisest choice by analyzing the voltage source as well as the HP of your air compressor to make a smooth system of operation.
- Getting the Compressor Started
Air compressors fail to start if there is extremely cold weather which can be disappointing especially when you need to do your work quickly. So if you are planning to design a place for an air compressor in a cold habitat where there is fear of temperature drop, then put your hand over the unit that has specially designed for cold weather. The market is nowadays fledged with air compressors that can operate maximum at low temperatures.
Always choose a product that has an extended warranty. In this way, you can claim the return as well as repair of any malfunctioned parts for free within the duration mentioned on the warranty card. Never ignore the terms and conditions mentioned on the warranty card from the company to avoid any mishap.
Due to the large number of products available in the market, it may cause confusion to select and invest in the desired product according to your requirements. Mentioned above are the best 80-gallon air compressor for the money.
Your selection solely depends upon your intentions for which you want to use an air compressor.
An 80-gallon air compressor is the most suitable option for heavy-duty industrial usage. It can deal with a number of pneumatic tools simultaneously saving your energy, time, and money.