For a quick and easy way to clean up leaves, grass, and other yard debris, a backpack leaf blower is a way to go. Backpack leaf blowers are designed to be easy to carry and convenient to use. There are many different backpack leaf blowers on the market, though, and some can be quite similar.
This blog post will discuss the best backpack leaf blower reviews and give you a few different options to consider.
We test and review the best backpacks to recommend tools for commercial use including gas and battery-powered models.
A good backpack leaf blower can get rid of leaves and debris quickly.
- 1 Comparison Table 2023
- 2 6 Commercial Best Backpack Leaf Blower Reviews
- 2.1 1. Hitachi RB24EAP Gas-Powered Leaf Blower | Best Backpack Leaf Blower Reviews
- 2.2 2. Sun Joe SBJ597E 6 Amp 155 Max Mph All-Purpose Electric Blower | Best-rated (less expensive) leaf blower
- 2.3 3. Worx TURBINE 12 Amp Corded Leaf Blower | Best electric leaf blower with adjustable speeds
- 2.4 4. Greenworks 24012 Single Speed Electric Model | Best single-speed leaf blower ()
- 2.5 5. Makita 24.5 cc MM4 4-Stroke Engine Blower | Best quiet leaf blower
- 2.6 6. Black & Decker LB700 7-Amp Corded Blower | Best lightweight electric leaf blower
- 2.7 7. Toro Power Sweep Electric Leaf Blower, 7 Amp 2-Speed | Best lightweight electric leaf blower with two speeds
- 3 Best Backpack Blower Reviews | Buying Guide
- 4 What to Consider When Choosing the Best Backpack Leaf Blower
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Comparison Table 2023
6 Commercial Best Backpack Leaf Blower Reviews
The new Stihl BR 800 outperforms the old version by blowing harder and faster than the previous model. You might find the second improvement. Stihl integrated an Easy 2 Start system into the blower. Rather than having to remove the blower from your back to turn it on, a quick pull of a side handle overcomes the blower’s compression and starts it up. Yes, you heard right! You can start the blower without taking it off your back.
The blower also has a large fuel tank and runs forever on 2000 cc of gas. However, it sells for about $650. We still think this is the Best Commercial Backpack Leaf Blower Around. It also has the Largest Dealer Network.
1. Hitachi RB24EAP Gas-Powered Leaf Blower | Best Backpack Leaf Blower Reviews
No products found.
- These gas-powered leaf blowers are easy to start, get lots of power, and can move heavy amounts of leaves at once.
- These gas-powered leaf blowers have over 2,000 5 star reviews.
- It’s easy to start and has plenty of power.
- People love this leaf blower because it’s easy to control, and it works well.
- This Hitachi gas-powered leaf blower has over 2,000 five-star ratings.
- It works every single time without having to pull and pull and pull.
- This leaf blower is lightweight, powerful, easy to start, and efficient.
- The best rated Under $200
2. Sun Joe SBJ597E 6 Amp 155 Max Mph All-Purpose Electric Blower | Best-rated (less expensive) leaf blower
- [VERSATILE]: Clean sweeping patios, driveways, decks and garages
- [POWERFUL]: 6-amp motor creates up to 155 mph air speed (max). Required extension cord rating: 14 gauge
- [NO LOAD SPEED]: 14,000 RPM
- [LIGHTWEIGHT]: Only weighs 3.9 lbs.
- [WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED!]: Your new leaf blower is backed by the Snow Joe plus Sun Joe customer promise. We will warrant new, powered products for two years from the date of purchase. No questions asked. Contact Snow Joe plus Sun Joe customer support at 1-866-766-9563 for further assistance.
- This electric blower is easy to use and inexpensive.
- It blows leaves away without damaging your plants.
- This blower is easy to use and does a good job of clearing leaves.
- This electric blower is powerful enough to remove leaves from large areas.
- It’s easy to use and requires no maintenance.
- This electric blower blows leaves away.( battery-powered leaf blowers)
- This blower blows leaves away quickly and easily.
- The budget Pick Under $20 price range.
- It’s a good deal for someone who wants to use an electric blower.
3. Worx TURBINE 12 Amp Corded Leaf Blower | Best electric leaf blower with adjustable speeds
- [TURBINE FAN TECH] Worx engineers figured out how to get a jet engine-type motor inside of a leaf blower. Super powerful, yet not so loud that you’ll think it’s getting ready for takeoff
- [TWICE AS FAST AS PRO BLOWERS] Professional-grade gas blowers rely on outdated tech. The Turbine is cutting edge, and spins twice as fast as the blowers used by commercial grounds crews
- [2 SPEEDS FOR DIFFERENT JOBS] Go slow for pavement or tight corners. On the open lawn, switch to speed 2 and see what the 110 mph Turbine can do
- [600 CFM] We named the Turbine 600 after the 600 Cubic Feet per Minute of high-capacity air volume that shoots out of its wide-mouth nozzle. That’s a wide, strong path of air that allows you to clear large areas with fewer passes
- [DO IT YOURSELF. DO IT BETTER. DO IT WITH WORX.] WORX tools are engineered with cutting-edge technology, and above modern efficiency standards, so you can build a cost-effective tool collection that’s been designed to last
- This leaf blower is very powerful because it uses electricity.
- One reviewer says it’s hurricane-powerful, and another reviewer says it’s easy to use.
- This Corded electric blower is powerful enough to blow leaves and other debris out of your yard.
- This electric blower cleaned his garage in less than 10 minutes.
- This is an electric blower that can handle pine needles.
- This blower for hours is very powerful.
- Commercial Leaf blower
- Lightweight CFM blower
4. Greenworks 24012 Single Speed Electric Model | Best single-speed leaf blower ()
- 160 MPH wind speeds for helping remove debris and dust from hard surfaces
- Lightweight design for better handling and less user fatigue
- Virtually no vibration when compared to gas blowers
- Convenient cord lock to prevent accidental unnplugging
- Extension cord is not included. Refer to pg. 9 in Owner's Manual for proper extension cord selection
- This electric blower is lightweight and powerful.
- It makes clearing leaves easier and faster.
- This is a powerful electric blower that makes cleaning up leaves very easy.
- This electric blower is good at clearing leaves and grass clippings.
- This GreenWorks pro is lightweight and powerful.
- Single-speed CFM blower
- This electric model leaf blower is made by Greenworks pro.
- It is a very compact and lightweight blower.
- It is perfect for cleaning up the backyard.
- 2-stroke engine for outstanding power
5. Makita 24.5 cc MM4 4-Stroke Engine Blower | Best quiet leaf blower
No products found.
- This Makita leaf blower runs quietly because of the four-stroke engine design.
- Reviewers say that it’s easy to start and use and for commercial purposes.
- Powerful dry leaf blower
- This Makita leaf blower is powerful and durable.
- Quietest Pick an ergonomic design
- Reviewers say the four-stroke engine makes it quieter and easier to use.
- It’s “very comfortable, very balanced, very easy to use, quiet, variable speed, and is powerful, even with wet leaves grass, and leaves.
- Fuel efficiency gas backpack leaf blowers.
6. Black & Decker LB700 7-Amp Corded Blower | Best lightweight electric leaf blower
- 7 Amp motor provides a powerful and efficient blowing performance
- Moves up to 180Mph to 180CFM for fast and easy cleanup of leaves and debris. Uses: Ideal for clearing debris from lawns, driveways, sidewalks, and decks
- Built in cord retention prevents frustrating interruptions during cleanup
- Lightweight at only 4.4 pounds
- Air speed: Up to 180 mph; Included components: (1) LB700 7 Amp blower, (1) Blow tube. Item does not include a cord
- This electric leaf blower is very powerful and easy to use.
- Blowers are often used to remove leaves from sidewalks, driveways, and lawns.
- Electric blowers are lighter than gas Model blowers.
- It’s light, easy to use, and powerful.
- This electric leaf blower is powerful enough to remove piles of leaves when they are wet.
7. Toro Power Sweep Electric Leaf Blower, 7 Amp 2-Speed | Best lightweight electric leaf blower with two speeds
- Superior blowing and mulching proven by controlled laboratory testing.This bag is designed to capture leaf particles not dust. Product needs air flow to work properly.3 in 1 Machine - Powerful Blower, High Speed Vacuum, Leaf Shredder340 CFM blow mode and 405 CFM Vac mode3 in 1 Machine - Powerful Blower, High Speed Vacuum, Leaf Shredder
- Powerful up to 250 mph degree. 350 CFM blow mode and 410 CFM Vac mode
- Vacuum tube, bottom-zip bag, cord storage hook, shred-all shred ring and time-saving oscillating tube included; Extension cord Sold separately
- Variable speed control for better control in both blower and vac mode
- This bag is designed to capture leaf particles not dust. Product needs air flow to work properly.
- This leaf blower is lightweight and powerful.
- It comes with two speeds. This leaf blower is lightweight, powerful, and easy to use.
- Another reviewer said, “Very powerful.”This leaf blower is described by lots of reviewers as lightweight.
- One reviewer said that it had power, and another said that it was powerful enough for most tasks.
- Superior blowing and mulching proved by controlled laboratory testing
- Powerful enough to reach speeds of up to 250 miles per hour (mph).
- It has a maximum airflow rate of 350 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a maximum vacuum mode
- Includes a vacuum tube, bottom-zip storage bag, cord storage hook, and shred-all shred ring; Extension cord sold separately
- Variable speed control for both blower and vacuum modes.
- This bag is designed for capturing leaves, not dust.
- The product needs air volume to function properly.
- 3 in 1 Machine: Powerful blower, high-speed vacuum, leaf shredder
- Extra power Handheld Blower
Best Backpack Blower Reviews | Buying Guide
1. How I Rated the Products
After researching hundreds of backpack leaf blower models and reading tons of customer reviews, I’ve compiled a list of the best backpack blowers for you. And I’ve used some of the models listed myself.
After considering the pros and cons of gas-powered and battery-powered leaf blowers, I also considered their ease of operation, reliability, cost, performance, and overall value to help you in selecting the best backpack leaf blowers.
With that being said, I hope that my reviews on these top-rated backpack blowers will help you make an informed buying decision. Some models also made my list for the best overall backpack leaf blower. Read on to learn more about how they did so.
2. Performance (MPH & CFM)
You buy a backpack vacuum cleaner because of its powerful suction. It is standard to use these measurements when talking about horsepower(MPH) and airflow(CFM).
MPH stands for miles per hour and is a measurement of the rate at which an aircraft travels through the air. The airspeed tells us how fast the air comes from the tube.
The faster the airspeed, the faster the air moves; the faster the air moves, the higher the MPH.
CFM stands for cubic feet per minute and measures the volume of airflow coming out of your blower. The higher the CFMI, the more air volume the car is pushing out.
Which measurement is more important depends on the application. Your goals will determine whether you should use a growth hacker.
If you want to blow air volume across a large outdoor space, then you’ll need high CFM output from the blower. If you move heavy items than leaves, you’ll need high airspeed and horsepower.
On the other hand, the best backpack leafblower will use a healthy mixture of MPH and CFM to create a powerful output You should ideally have both balance and variety in your output. Most often, they’re either higher or lower than each other.
To determine which aircraft were best for my needs, I measured their performance using both MPH airspeed and CFM.
Comfortable seating in any machine that sits behind you depends on whether it reduces vibrations, has soft grips, features adjustable handles, or features ergonomic padded harnesses and wide shoulder straps, and thick hips belts.
These ergonomic components make operating a backpack blower easier and more convenient, even when you’re carrying them on your back.
The blowers reviewed were equipped with a variety of great ergonomic features. Finding an ergonomic keyboard that has every ergonomic option available was difficult. Most products reviewed in this article had at least one ergonomically designed feature such as quality padding and/or an adjustable headrest.
These features help relieve some of the strain on your neck, back, shoulder, and other upper body muscles that often carry the weight from the blower housing on the back.
We took into account the ergonomics of each fan when we reviewed them and compared them to their performance, functions, and prices.
Controls vary slightly. Some were too close to each other and difficult to distinguish while the machine was running, while others were easier to locate and operate while the machine ran. Some even had extra buttons that made using the blowers easier.
All of the controls were judged by their location on the machine, and how easy they are for the user to understand and use while cleaning leaves. All extra controls were also included in rating each app.
They vary in length. Depending on the power each leafblower puts out, the capacity of its tank, the type of fuel required, and the kinds of features it includes, run times vary.
The way you use your blower (i. e. whether you use it with the engine wide open the entire time or not) also affects its runtime, but not necessarily in the way you might think.
You’d ideally want a blower with extended runtime. However, a longer run time may mean a larger tank and extra weight that could make the fan heavier and harder on your body or even decrease performance.
The runtime for each model was considered when reviewing them.
Types of Backpack Leaf Blowers
There are many factors to consider before buying a backpack leaf blower, but the main difference between the options is whether they use gasoline or electricity. The power source affects how heavy the leaf blower is, how fast it goes, how long it lasts, and other factors.
Review this air home gadget for your lawn.
Gas-powered blowers are the go-to choices for landscapers because they offer high power output and lots of run-time per tank of gas. They efficiently clean large properties without the user stopping and refilling the gas tank.
For yards of ½ acre and larger, gas-powered blowers are best. Battery-powered blowers run low on power quickly. They’re also great if you need to clean up leaves from a small property with heavy leaf cover.
- Gas-powered blowers require both fuel and oil, which adds to their operating cost.
- They emit exhaust fumes and should only be used in well-ventilated outdoor spaces.
- Blower motors burn gasoline or diesel fuel and produce carbon dioxide.
- They use electricity to operate and do not release any pollutants.
Backpack blowers are battery-powered devices that provide a clean-running, lightweight alternative to gas-powered ones. They work best for small properties of less than ½ acre, and where there is light leaf cover. Modeling runtime varies significantly among models. Power settings also have an impact on how long a blower runs. On average, battery-operated blowers can run for up to 10 minutes on high power and up to 1½ hours on low.
Most battery-powered backpack leafblowers perform similarly to their gas-powered counterparts, but they last for a shorter period. To avoid downtime, some owners buy extra batteries for their blowers.
- Battery-powered backpack blower offers a clean running, lightweight alternative to gas-powered blowers.
- Run time varies significantly among models.
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Backpack Leaf Blower
- You should consider the size of the lawn you want to clean before buying a leaf blower.
- Make sure you buy a good quality leaf blower.
1. Yard Size
Properties larger than half an acre with leafy trees, plenty of grass, outbuildings, and other areas requiring detailed cleaning benefit from the maximum run time and air volume from a gas-powered blower. A powerful blower blows debris farther and faster when compared to a less powerful one. They’re also more energy-efficient because users don’t have to stop their work to refuel their blowers or change their blower’s batteries.## Inputs
A lightweight battery-operated blower is suitable for small properties or if only blowing leaves from the sidewalk, the patio, or the driveway.
2. Power Source and Runtime
Volts measure battery power. Blower motors typically run for about 1½ hours at most. Blowing hard for long periods reduces the runtime to as little as 10 to 15 minutes.
Blowers powered by gas are limited only by the volume of fuel they contain. Engine size is measured by cubic centimeters (cc). Most gas blowers can run continuously for up to three hours.
3. 2-Cycle vs. 4-Cycle Engine
Blowers powered by gasoline engines have either a two-cycle or a four-cycle engine. A 2-cycle internal combustion engine requires one revolution of the crankshaft to produce power, while a 4-cylinder engine requires two revolutions of the crank shaft to produce power. A 2-cycle diesel engine produces more power than a 4-cycle diesel engine.
A blower with an air compressor requires a fuel mixture of gas (usually natural gas) and oil (which may be synthetic or mineral oil).
A four-stroke engine runs on gasoline and has a separate oil reservoir to keep the engine lubricated. On average, 2-cycle engines produce slightly more power than 4-cylinder engines of the same size. However, 4-cycle engines produce less pollution than 2-cycle engines.
If you are interested in a cordless blower review this post.
Which backpack leaf blower is best?
- Makita 4-Stroke Backpack Leaf Blower.
- Greenworks Cordless Backpack Leaf Blower
Are backpack leaf blowers worth it?
If you have a large area to cover or thick piles of leaves every fall, it’s worth considering
Which brand of leaf blower is best?
Best light-duty leaf blower: Greenworks 2400702 24V Leaf Blower.
Are Stihl leaf blowers any good?
The Stihl BGA 85 is the best leaf blower you can buy without any issues of portability or wear and tear. The leaf blower has been known for its sheer power and reliability, great battery life, and easy-to-use controls.
How many CFM is good for a leaf blower?
A good electric leaf blower usually has a CFM between 200 and 400
What should I look for in a backpack blower?
The two things you need to consider are the CFM (Cubic Feet Per Minute) and MPH (Miles Per Hour). Both are high and are close together. A mistake most first-time car buyers make thinking that having a greater number of horsepower (HP) will mean they can drive faster
Is MPH or CFM better for leaf blower?
A higher CFM helps you clear a larger area and pushes leaves further. A higher speed will help you better lift heavy objects.
We have reviewed all two-stroke engine, gas-powered models, Cordless leaf blower, and handheld leaf blowers with all of their features includes fuel capacity, air speeds, extended periods, their maximum power, affordable price, sound level, and all backpack model.
The backpack leaf blower is the best choice for homeowners that don’t have a lot of space for storing a gas-powered leaf blower. It is also the best choice for anyone that wants to save money on gas and electricity.
A backpack leaf blower is also an excellent choice for anyone with a bad back, as it is easy to use and won’t strain your back or shoulders. You can find a good backpack leaf blower for a reasonable price with adequate power. It must be with adjustable shoulder straps.
When you shop for a backpack leaf blower, you want to look for one with a powerful engine, ergonomic handle, and load-reducing harness. In addition, check to see how loud the backpack leaf blower is. If you are using a backpack leaf blower in your yard, you don’t want it to be so loud that you can’t hear your music or the TV.
There are several factors you need to consider when looking for the best backpack leaf blower. If you are looking for plenty of power, then a gasoline-powered blower might be the way to go.
If you are looking for convenience, then an electric blower might be the best choice.
We hope you found this blog post helpful in choosing the right leaf blower for you.