A revolutionary point in plasma cutters is another adaptation of the built-in air compressor. It sounds quite appealing while keeping the size, quality, and of course the price of plasma cutters.
Where you need built-in Air Compressor
Plasma cutters are sometimes used in far areas where air compressors are not available. Traditional plasma cutters require an air compressor along with a power supply to operate. So this can be a problem in such a situation.
The solution is presented in the form of a built-in air compressor that requires only the power supply to operate.
The functional difference between Traditional and Built-in Air Compressors Plasma Cutter
Not a big difference between these two as long as we consider only the output amps.
However, machines with built-in air compressors usually have lesser output as the machine provides power to itself along with the internal compressor.
Are Built-in air compressors Plasma Cutters Expensive
You will find a major difference between the prices of built-in and without built-in air compressor plasma cutters. This is not much worrying as the machine has both plasma cutters and a compressor inside within a single unit.
If you are working on smaller cuttings, then you should select a stand-alone air compressor for your plasma cutter as you can use this set up alone for other tools as well.
However, this cannot give you an option of portability that a build-in air compressor plasma cutters will provide.
Which plasma cutter to select
The decision of which plasma cutter to buy depends upon how you plan to use and where you want to use the plasma cutter.
If you have other plans for using an air compressor unit with other tools as well, then a stand-alone air compressor is the one you are looking for.
The only advantage you will lose is the portability option that is only available in built-in air compressor plasma cutters. It is lighter in weight and easily carried from place to place.
- 0.1 Comparison Table | Editor’s Choice
- 0.2 Benefits of Built-In Air Compressor Plasma Cutter
- 0.3 Buying Guide for Built-in Air Compressor Plasma Cutter
- 1 6 Best Plasma Cutter built-in Air Compressor | Review Guide
- 1.1 1. Hobart 500564 Airforce 12ci | Hobart plasma cutter Review
- 1.2 2. Hypertherm 088096 | Hypertherm plasma cutter
- 1.3 3. Thermal Arc 1-1110-1 Air Cut 15C Plasma System | Portable Plasma Cutter
- 1.4 4. S7 50 Amp | Built-In Air Compressor Plasma Cutter
- 1.5 5. Forney 317 250 P | Plasma Cutter with Air Compressor
- 2 Conclusion
Comparison Table | Editor’s Choice
Benefits of Built-In Air Compressor Plasma Cutter
- Very appropriate for use
- It does your cuttings easily and conveniently
- They are easy to carry and are portable
- There is a very low chance of pressure failure
- Almost every built-in air compressor plasma cutter operate on sufficient power supply
- It can work better even at home saving extra use of power voltage making work less problematic.
Buying Guide for Built-in Air Compressor Plasma Cutter
While checking the price of a built-in air compressor plasma cutter you will find out that it is expensive as compared to external air compressor devices. This is because you are getting both unlike buying them separately.
The option of which one to select strongly relates to your nature of work and also upon your affordable price ranges.
Ideally, you will get a reasonable rate for a 120V operating unit as more voltage operating units can be presented at a high price.
Is there any difference between time duration of work done by traditional and built-in air compressor plasma cutters
The answer to this question is YES but negligible. This means that there is a time duration difference between these two units while making cuts on different materials.
What you want to know is that a built-in air compressor plasma unit has relatively less amount of air delivered as compared to external air compressor plasma cutters. This results in a decrease in cutting time duration of any metal by a built-in air compressor plasma cutter.
6 Best Plasma Cutter built-in Air Compressor | Review Guide
This review research will guide you to the best product in buying. Let’s review:
1. Hobart 500564 Airforce 12ci | Hobart plasma cutter Review
- Built in Air Compressor
- Cuts faster than oxy fuel
- Smaller heat-affected zone for less warping
- No gas pressure settings for flame tuning needed
- More precise cut, thinner kerf, less slag to clean up
Here comes the beauty of technology, plasma cutter with a built-in air compressor, less effort, low cost, and perfect output.
This Hobart 12ci plasma cutter with a built-in air compressor can cut any metal in a quick time, just start it on and begin the cutting as cleanly as a vessel.you can also check 27i of this product as well assuming the work condition.
It is quieter than the other air compressor used for plasma cutting, we can say that it is harmless to the surrounding. It put less heat to bent things and also no need for gas pressure settings for tunning flame on, really a master of work isn’t it.
Customers don’t bother by buying expensive products if the products have some sort of perfection. This product is a little bit expensive, but just put in mind you are getting cutter and compressor in just one box.
This user friendly very safe with no heat effect, lightweight,31lb makes it portable.
2. Hypertherm 088096 | Hypertherm plasma cutter
- Operate it anywhere with the internal air compressor
- Plug into any 120 or 240 V power with Auto-Voltage technology and included plug adapters
- Highly portable. The smallest, lightest weight system in its class
- New AIR T30 torch is rugged and designed to withstand the toughest environments
- Do more in less time. Fast cutting speeds and superior cut quality result in less secondary operations
Hypertherm is the best of all plasma cutters with built-in air compressors used today.you can operate it anywhere you want because of its structure. The internal air compressor eliminates the need for an external air compressor.
It is very fast cutting, can cut stainless steel, copper, aluminum up to 3/8 and 5/8 thickness easily, and with quality, it can also cut rusty metals.you can plug it at any 120/240vpower having auto voltage technology, and also contain plug adaptors. It is very easy to use.
New air t30 torch can handle any environment. It is very quiet putting no pressure on your ears and mind.
It has 35lb weight which makes it lighter than a torch, you can transport it inside or outside the shop with comfort. Moreover, our previous research explained wekk about the air compressor for plasma cutting. Review its full guide here.
3. Thermal Arc 1-1110-1 Air Cut 15C Plasma System | Portable Plasma Cutter
- This unit comes standard with a built-in air compressor
- Weighs only 29 pounds, almost 50% lighter than the competition
- 1/8 inch (3 millimeters) recommended cut, 3/16 inch (5 millimeters) maximum capability
- 120 volt, 15 amp plug standard
- 25% more cutting power provides 25% faster cut speeds than the competition
A thermal arc 15c plasma cutter is a plasma cutter with a built-in air compressor. It is made to satisfy the workload of almost every professional user as well as DIY enthusiasts.
It can cut ⅛ inch metals like butter which can be steel, copper, and aluminum, etc, it can also go beyond that up to 3/16 inch cut which is 5 m. It can cut 25% faster as compare to its brotherhood in the market because it is 25% powerful from them, more power most of the speed.
It has 120v, need15 amp standard plugins, also rated with 35 duty cycle on 15 amp,20 feet lead putting less pressure on your pocket to buy extra lead, it has pch 10 torch tip with 70 degrees, putting more ease, to cut.
This product is strongly designed having only 29lb weight, the carry handle makes it lighter to carry around. This weight is less as compare to other builtin plasma cutters with an air compressor. The search does not stops here, Quiet compressors too are good choice if you need compressors on daily basis with small size.
4. S7 50 Amp | Built-In Air Compressor Plasma Cutter
- 【BUILT-IN AIR COMPRESSOR】This plasma cutter provides built-in air compressor,lastest IGBT inverter technology,safe euro tourch connection,industrial application, tolerant to variable power supply , in-built air regulator with preset air pressure,suitable to cut all electrically conductive materials,light weight and compact,strong metal housing
- 【12-22MM CUTTING CAPACITY】22MM thickness metal cutting; Faster cutting speed, smooth & beautiful cut surface advantage.
- 【HIGH EFFICIENCY】Max 50 Amp input current, and adjustable output current with LED display;Advanced inverter technology, stable & higher
- 【SAFETY PROTECTION】Over-heat, over-pressure, and IP21 level protection; Great wind cooling heat dissipation system.
- 【WIDE APPLICATION】Suitable to cut most metals, like: stainless steel, alloy, aluminum, mild steel, carbon steel etc. Can be widely used at automotive, ducting work, repair & maintenance, metal processing, manufacture, site work etc
This modal is highly portable, has plasma welder together with Plasma Cutting Machine and IGBT Inverter Digital Plasma Welding Machine (with plug).
People are looking for only those products which are famous and have good ratings but sometimes a less famous product can also surprise you.
This built-in air compressor plasma cutter is one of the powerful units you may want.
It can cut metals like stainless steel, aluminum, carbon, copper, alloy, etc with ease and beauty. It has a max clear cut up to 22m. It can also handle work like metal processing, ducting, repair, maintenance, automotive and manufacture work, etc.
It requires a 220v power supply, max of 50 amp, and adjustable output current with led display.
It has also safety protection for overheating and overpressure issues. It has a cooling gaze on its body to overcome the heat and assure better and fast results.
The body structure is strong made of iron, weighting only 47.9lb. The design of this unit makes it tiny and portable.you can take at every workplace easily. Painting also needs a best choice of compressors, Review full research.
5. Forney 317 250 P | Plasma Cutter with Air Compressor
- Uses electrical arc and compressed air to cut steel, aluminum and other conductive metals
- Drag torch technology allows you to move torch directly across the metal surface for precise cuts
- Easy to use and operate
- Comes with a built-in air compressor and lightweight inverter power supply
- Thermal overload protection
People having budget problems can afford this builtin air compressor plasma cutter. Although it has few issues regarding its performance still is handy product anyhow.
This machine can cut ⅛ inch metals like steel, aluminum, copper, etc. It uses 120v power, it is a slow starter and you will also wait for a little for a torch to heat once done it can work as other plasma cutters do.
Besides all this, it has very good safety features. It gives you thermal overload protection, also has diagnostic lights giving you more confidence while operating. This product has kit offering you some necessary stuff like five electrodes, 10.65 tips, compressor shield cup,15`ground cable, plasma torch, lead, plastic storage container, and diffuser ring.
This unit has a 40lb weight and is still portable. This unit is best for DIY users and it very easy to use.
All in all, it is wisely said never to take a drug you don’t know. After knowing all the qualities of built-in air compressor plasma cutters, it is worth keeping in mind your type of job and the material you want to cut. At the end of the day, it is up to you to decide which plasma cutter ( traditional or built-in air compressor) suits your needs. If you want to go with huge capacity air compressors, you are fully entertained. Review this Guide for large capacities.