The plasma cutting as its name clearly states that it is a procedure of cutting metals like steel, stainless steel, brass, copper, iron, and all the metals that are electrically conductive.
For all this cutting work you will need a plasma cutter which will perform this job nicely. This machine uses compacted gas which is blown through a nozzle with high speed towards the metal. An electrical circular segment is then shaped inside the gas, between a cathode close or incorporated into the gas spout and the workpiece itself.
The electrical bend ionizes a portion of the gas, in this way making an electrically conductive channel of plasma. As power from the shaper light goes down this plasma it conveys adequate heat to liquefy through the workpiece. So in this way, hard work which may take hours if done by the other hand tool is accomplished smoothly and quickly.
Selecting the right plasma cutter for your cutting purpose is not an easy job, when you don,t have plenty of knowledge about it. To help all of those who need plasma cutter for fabrication work, auto repair, or scrapping operation we are putting this simple but efficient review about plasma cutter which is squeezed from hundreds of reviews. But first, learn how to pick a good one from a bundle.
- 1 Review of 6 best plasma cutters for your money 2021
- 1.1 1.Hypertherm Powermax 65 G4 Plasma Cutter | Best Heavy Duty Plasma Cutters
- 1.2 2.LOTOS LT5000D | Best plasma cutter under $500
- 1.3 3.Hobart 500565 Airforce 27i Plasma Cutter | Best Hobart Plasma Cutters 2021
- 1.4 4. SUNCOO 50 Amp Plasma Cutter | Best Cheap Plasma Cutters
- 1.5 5. Mophorn Plasma Cutter | Best Plasma Cutters Under Budget
- 1.6 6. Thermal Dynamics 1-1731-1 CutMaster 152 Extra Heavy Duty Plasma Cutter | Best Plasma cutter 2021
- 2 Buying Guide for a Best plasma cutter for your Money and Job
- 3 Some uses of plasma cutter
- 4 My verdict
Review of 6 best plasma cutters for your money 2021
Here is the list of best plasma cutters according to our knowledge based on customer reviews and product performance.
1.Hypertherm Powermax 65 G4 Plasma Cutter | Best Heavy Duty Plasma Cutters
- More productivity with lower operating cost faster cut speed,improved cut and longer consumable lif
- Easier to use simple controls, greater portability (33% smaller, 15%-30% lighter) and automatic gas
- Better reliability smart design and intense testing for bulletproof performance.
- More versatility innovative torch designs and system features for use in more applications.
- Improved torch durability - Unsurpassed heat and impact resistance with more robust internal design
Hypertherm powermax 65 G4 has got the first position on our list because it has a hundred% five-star rating. Besides this, it has many awesome features, lets go through it.
This machine has got enough power to satisfy both DIY users and professional garage workers. It has the ability of clean-cut up to ⅜ inches in just a minute and for ½ inch thick metal may take less than a minute.
You need only 220v electric power to operate this powerful beast, if you want to cut thicker metals than three-phase will be a better choice.
It can run for a long period because of its hundred% duty-cycle at only 15 amps.
Besides its power and performance, you can carry it anywhere like a pet because of its lightweight and compact body structure. The 25 feet torch cable makes it more productive while using.
This cutter is very simple to use and got all sorts of heat protection. For daily usage of Plasma cutters, air compressors have their own importance. If you need quality air compressors for commercial use review its GUIDE here.
2.LOTOS LT5000D | Best plasma cutter under $500
- ★ Air PLASMA CUTTER: SUITABLE CUTTING for Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Mild Steel, Copper, Aluminum, etc. Uses non-hazardous compressed air to cut, safe and at low cost.
- ★ SAFE AND AT LOW COST: compact plasma cutter has a handle for portability and uses non-hazardous compressed air to cut stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper, and aluminum.
- ★ THE COMPATIBLE CONSUMABLES SETS for this BROWN Color LT5000D Plasma Cutter are "LCS22" or "LCS33". Please search "Lotos LCS22" or "Lotos LCS33"; ★ It CANNOT compatible with Lotos LCOn20, LCON40 or LCON90 Consumables Sets or any other third part consumables set
- ★ SETUP WITHIN 1 MIN: The pre-installed NPT 1/4” industry type D plug and air filter regulator allows you to quick connect to your air compressor by using the stand coupler existing on your air compressor. The whole machine can be setup quickly within 1 min.
- ★ OUTPUT & PERFORMANCE: 10-50 A DC output, 1/2” ideal clean cut and 3/4” maximum severance cut under 220/240V. 10-35A DC output, 1/3" ideal clean cut and 2/5" maximum severance cut under 110/120V. Engine Power : Electric (AC)
Lotos LT5000D is also one of the heavy-duty performers. This powerful plasma cutter has a dual voltage feature, you can operate it with 110v and also with 220v AC.
More of the best features of this nigh fury is that it has got a clean-cut ½ inch thick metal, never the less it can cut different types of metal, including copper, mild steel, alloy steel, and aluminum.
If you are looking for the best machine performance-wise than don,t look back this beast can cut rusted and uneven metal with accuracy with-out touching the tip of the torch with the surface of the metal.
This machine can bear a lot of heat putting no hurdle in your project giving you high performance and durability.
This plasma cutter is highly portable and requires only a few minutes to assemble while using it for the first time.
Review of tools for plasma cutting.
3.Hobart 500565 Airforce 27i Plasma Cutter | Best Hobart Plasma Cutters 2021
- Multi-Voltage plug (MVP) allows you to connect to 120 V or 240 V power.
- Excels at cutting 3/8 in mild steel, can sever 5/8 in mild steel
- Fan-On-Demand - Runs only when needed reducing dust/debris pulled into unit.
- More precise cut, thinner kerf, less slag to clean up. XT30R torch with 12 ft lead and consumables
- Wind Tunnel Technology - Prevents abrasive dust and particles from damaging internal components.Plasma Material Thickness: 1/4 inches to 3/8 inches
Those who are keen on the best quality performer, Hobart 500565 is just made for them.
This plasma cutter is gifted with a dual voltage feature, you can use it by 120v or 240 v power supply.
The power of this machine is not less than any other plasma cutters, it has a clean cut of ⅜ inch thick metal and also has a smooth sever cut of ⅝ inch metals. Cutting of a variety of metals plus rusted and painted metals has never bother this machine.
The XT30R torch with long 12 feet cable can cut both thin and thick objects and also the fan only run when it required to protect dust particle pulled into unit.
Wind tunnel technology protects the important components from dust and tiny particle which cause a problem for the machine.
Been the best performer it is also a lightweight and a longlasting unit which saves lots of time and money.
4. SUNCOO 50 Amp Plasma Cutter | Best Cheap Plasma Cutters
- 【50 AMP PLASMA CUTTER】50 Amp DC output, 1/2 inch(12mm) ideal clean-cut under 220V, simple operation, and smooth cutting surface. Suitable for cutting carbon steel, stainless steel, copper, iron and aluminum metal, etc.
- 【CONTROL PANEL】LCD digital display. Front panel easy read pressure gauge connected with the air nozzle of the rear panel, easy to control.Power pilot lamp & protection pilot lamp for easy operation.High cutting speed, cutting smoothly, and no polish demands.
- 【SAFE DESIGN】Built-in over-heat protection, over-voltage protection, under-voltage protection, and lack of compressed air pressure protection. Comes with a mask, which can prevent you from hurting while using. In addition, the strong ability of heat dissipation helps to reduce the temperature of its components and increase of service life.
- 【EXQUISITE WORKMANSHIP】Its solid material construction makes it reliable and gives it strength that to be used for a long time. The solid black edges protect the panels and keep the machine stylish. ☀13' torch cable, 8.2' Ground Cable With Clamp.
- 【PACKAGE INCLUDES】SUNCOO CUT 50 x 1, Cutting Torch x 1, Air Regulator x 1, Ground Clamp x 1, Electrode, Nozzle x 1, Gas Pipe Claspers x 2, Brush x 1, Welding Mask x 1, Manual x 1.The cutting machine not only uses in businesses and DIY users but also fully accommodating the demands of professional operators.
There is much quality plasma cutter in the market but they are a little bit expensive, the Suncoo plasma cutter has got all the demanding features and is still under$300.
This dual voltage 110/220v machine has enough power to cut all types of metals like carbon, steel, stainless steel, copper, iron, and aluminum.
It has a clean-cut of ½ inches thick metal and can also cut rough and rusted metal to some extend.
The digital display gives you a nice view of the pressure gauge and ensures high performance.
This machine left you and itself harmless with its overheat protection feature and also has got under-voltage protection for long last operation. More it comes with a safety mask to protect its user from tiny harmful particles.
The heat dissipation feature controls the temperature from rising so that it may not affect any important component.
So having low price and best features it is one of the top listed choices of both DIY and professional users.
5. Mophorn Plasma Cutter | Best Plasma Cutters Under Budget
- 【POWERFUL AIR PLASMA CUTTER】- The Cut-70 Plasma Cutter can easily cut up to 3/4’’(20 mm) metal under maximum output with ultimate portability weighing only 25lbs.
- 【COMPACT & PORTABLE】- The inverter plasma cutter has a handle and a thoughtful torch design that can provide a sure, comfortable grip, making the whole machine easy to take.
- 【HIGH EFFICIENCY & ENERGY SAVING】- The cutting machine adopts the inverter technical of switch power, greatly reducing the dimensions and weight of the main transformer. The energy-saving can reach up to 50% as well as efficiency is increased by 30%.
- 【EFFICIENT COOLING SYSTEM】- It has an efficient cooling system to protect welding machine from damage. There are holes on both sides and a strong cooling fan on reverse side to dissipate heat.
- 【WIDELY USED】- It is perfect for home DIY in the garage and general repairing work such as cutting stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper, and aluminum.
This is another solid choice for both DIY and professional users. This plasma cutter is a good performer and is still under $400.
This unit is powered by 220v, with such power it can cut ¾ inch thick metal cleanly. All most all types of metal cutting can be done with this cutter easily.
The best feature of this machine is that it can save lots of energy with its switch power tech putting less burden on the main transformer and still gives its hundred% outcome.
The holes on both sides of the plasma cutter and fast-moving fan protect the machine from overheating.
This machine with its handle and lightweight is very easy to carry around.
6. Thermal Dynamics 1-1731-1 CutMaster 152 Extra Heavy Duty Plasma Cutter | Best Plasma cutter 2021
- Front panel leds indicate status conditions for maximum efficiency
- Storage compartment for convenient access to spare parts and consumables
- Versatile 1Torch with atc disconnect makes it easy to add lead extensions or convert to a machine torch
- True guard roll bar provides easy transportation and protection for unmatched durability
- Multi-voltage allows operation from 208 to 480 volts in a single power supply
The metals vary in thickness, the average thick metal can be cut by the above machines but some extra thick metals require some extraordinary powerful plasma cutter to handle it.
Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter is specially designed to perform the extra heavy-duty cutting. It can cut all types of metal with both rough and smooth surfaces evenly and efficiently.
This cutter has a dual voltage capability 208/230v and will perform better working on thick and hard metals on 3- phase line and for normal work single phase is recommended.
This plasma cutter has a clean cutting ability of 11/4 means 30mm thickness and can cut 50mm thick metal with ease which is its maximum power.
This smaller unit, similar to all other cut bosses, comes standard with the 1Torch giving you the notable solace and dependability.
This plasma cutter best suits all auto-repair garages, scrapping, and heavy metals industrial works.
Buying Guide for a Best plasma cutter for your Money and Job
Before choosing the plasma cutter you should know some basics so that it comes clear what outcome you want from your plasma cutter. The following guidelines will flash some important factors while buying a plasma cutter.
If you need best air compressor for Plasma Cutting, review its LATEST GUIDE 2021 here.
Plasma cutter vs your work
Work means that how much thickness you want to cut with a plasma cutter. Keeping this in mind some necessary points are mentioned below.
It is safe to say that you are cutting thick metal?
How frequently will you utilize your cutter?
Do you need a versatile unit?
It is safe to say that you will adjust your electrical plugs for your shaper?
Will your electrical flow change?
These points will draw a straight line towards your desired plasma cutter. Some specific brands are just for some specific jobs which might be your need, and you might shift to another brand quickly according to your work.
The Output Power of the Plasma Cutter :
The intensity of your plasma cutter can be dictated by duplicating the voltage by the amperage. For example, when you utilize a 12-amp shaper with a 110-volt power source, you will have up to 1,320 watts of cutting force, which can slice through quarter-inch steel.
Some plasma cutters have the ability to cut a thick surface within a minute and some will perform the same task in three to four minutes. Choosing the right plasma cutter with your desired speed can put high impact on your work and money. For normal use ½ inch or 60-amp plasma cutter is recommended and for longer use and quality output ¼ inch machine is sufficient.
Duty Cycle and Durability:
The amount of time the plasma cutter takes to operate continuously within ten minutes before it requires a cool-off break. So the plasma cutter having five minutes duty cycle means will need cool-off after five minutes.
More duty cycle means goods and deep cuts while less duty cycle means low performance.
The cooling system and heat resistance with some other protection features make the machine perform long.
Right Torch for Plasma Cutter:
There are two types of plasma cutting torch
The high-frequency starting torch system
Contact torch system
The high-frequency torch is dependable because they don’t have any moving parts while the contact torch uses a moving nozzle.
Keep in mind that some items will replace time to time because they started to slump which includes a torch, nozzle, and retaining cap. These items put some extra stress on your pocket. In this case, you should proffer a plasma cutter with less replacement and consumption to avoid extra budget.
Different Types of Plasma Cutters:
Plasma cutter comes with numbers of types and these types also differ in the price. The plasma cutter without air compressor is less expensive but buying an air compressor if you don’t have one may go beyond your budget limits.
This problem can be solved by a built-in plasma cutter with an air compressor, which may save lots of money.
Choosing the right air compressor with the right amount of psi is also a readable chapter.
Portability also influences the work. It depends either you’re are a DIY user or a professional, so it can affect your work from carrying machines from place to place.
The machine you are looking for should also according to the space you want to install it.
Price worthy of Your Work:
After knowing all valuable point about plasma cutter knows to make rough scatch about your requirements than compare your noted points with the features of the plasma cutter your looking for. Now make the list of the products that meet your requirements and have a glance at its price to select the best one.
Some uses of plasma cutter
In-home we usually need this machine for some repair or maintenance cutting. For home, we need a machine with durability and long-lasting performance because this unit will work occasionally not full time as in the case of commercial use.
The machines for industrial purposes are highly expensive. The reason is a high-quality product with little or no margin of error. The CNC machine and programmable torches make it every easy to finish the project quickly and with any major mistakes.
In the old day’s users of this machine have less control over it, but now the computer plays a very important role in accomplishing high-quality work especially artwork and exceptional designs.
This machine is so-called the backbone of the automotive business. This unit can help you in cutting nuts, bolts, doors, vehicle restoration, and all sorts of repair work.
In this type of work, you need a powerful machine to encounter rusted and painted metal nicely.
The above list of products is highly tested and used by plenty of experts. The only difference is that you have to select the right plasma cutter which best suits your work.
When purchasing a plasma cutter torch, remember the accompanying viewpoints: cutting width, power yield, rating of duty cycle, consumable use and expenses, and versatility. when you discover units with necessities that coordinate your needs, you can settle on choices concerning quality and cost.